Hearing loss refers to reduced hearing, which can be caused by a variety of factors. It can either be congenital or acquired later in life. It can range from mild hearing loss to profound hearing loss.
Hearing loss can affect social life, self-esteem, and confidence. Many people with hearing loss experience low self-esteem and confidence because of their impaired ability to communicate with others. Hearing loss can often be easily prevented by wearing earplugs, exercising regularly, using medications properly, and practicing other ear-healthy habits.
Symptoms of hearing loss may include:
· Muffling of speech and other sounds.
· Trouble understanding words, especially when in a crowd or a noisy place.
· Trouble hearing the letters of the alphabet that are not vowels.
· Often asking others to speak more slowly and loudly.
· Needing to turn up the volume of the television or radio.
· Staying clear of some social settings.
· Being bothered by background noise.
· Ringing in the ears, known as tinnitus.
Taking steps to protect your hearing can help you reduce your risk for hearing loss later in life. Here are some tips to protect your hearing and ear health.
1 Wear Earplugs Around Loud Noises.
2 Turn Down the Volume, listen to the music on low comfortable volume.
3 Give Your Ears small Breaks.
4 Stop Using ear buds to clean ears.
5 Keep Your Ears Dry.
6 Use Medications Properly as Directed.
7 Stay physically active.
8 Manage and Reduce Stress.
9 Know the Warning Signs of Hearing Damage.
10 Stop Smoking, and Do not Start again.
11 Have regular hearing tests done by a qualified and experienced Audiologist.
Contact us – Better Speech & Hearing Clinic, HSR Layout, Bangalore.
Call- 9606404343, email@example.com